- Date: Sep 17, 2017 - Oct 15, 2017
- Time: Sundays at 8, 9 & 10:30am
Recent survey of American households reported that 80% of families are worried about their personal finances. Half were worried they couldn’t provide for their family’s basic needs. More than half reported being irritable or not being able to sleep because of this. A report on these data concluded that money matters were taking a physical and emotional toll on people nationwide. Beginning September 17, our worship will focus on a book by Adam Hamilton called “Enough: Discovering Joy through Simplicity and Generosity.” Money and material things are morally neutral (they are inherently neither “good” or “evil”) but it is the love of them that gets us into trouble – both spiritually and financially.
Here’s a schedule of what we’ll be covering during the sermon at all three of our services.
- Week One September 17 Defining the Problem
- Week Two September 24 Understanding our Purpose
- Week Three October 1 Developing a Plan
- Week Four October 8 Cultivating Gratitude
- Week Five October 15 Living by Generosity