Something to Think About
Our theme in worship this past Sunday was “encouragement.” Before worship, we asked everyone – at each service – to complete the sentence “I was encouraged in my faith when…” We then read some of the at the beginning and the end of that service’s sermon. Here is a collection of some the responses submitted from all three services. May something in the way others have been encouraged in their faith be an encouragement to you in yours.
I was encouraged in my faith when:
- I found open-heart surgery was necessary and I realized I could at least give God one hour a week after all he’d done for me.
- I found this church after being away from a church for many years.
- I was in the hospital.
- My grandmother told me so many times how important it is to have God in your life.
- My husband passed away and I was comforted in my grief.
- The campers at Camp Walter Scott were so positive, helpful and kind to each other.
- I remember the prayers my father taught me.
- I lost a dear friend and was made aware that all would be okay and God was in control.
- I volunteer at Good Samaritan Inn.
- My wife passed away and my faith got me through.
- I had cancer.
- God led me through an extremely difficult situation at work where my job was on the line.
- Even on the worst day, I could smile because I knew Jesus was with me.
- I hear hymns of praise.
- I pray for a concern and God provides a solution.
- I receive a hug from someone.
- I started listening to God.
- Other prayed for me during radiation.
- The signs around me show me God is with me no matter what I am going through.